Whale Shark Adventure 2015
Are you interested in being surrounded by up to 20 to 100 whale sharks and manta rays?!! Then you should sign up for the 2015 Whale Shark Adventure!
We will be staying on the beautiful island of Isla Mujeres on this adventure. The waters in the Yucatan Peninsula are a very special place. It boasts the largest seasonal aggregation of whale sharks in the world and is truly the Whale Shark Capitol of the World! The sharks slowly begin migrating to Mexico around mid June, and start to leave around early September. July and August is the heart of whale shark season in Mexico.
TRIP DATES — July 19-24 or July 26-31, 2015 (both Sunday through Friday)
- Round trip private van (air conditioned) transfers from Cancun International Airport, with welcome drinks to catch the ferry to Isla Mujeres
- Ferry Ride from theport to and fromt he Island
- Taxi ride from port to and from Hotel rooms
- 5 nights stay at a 5 star Beautiful Ocean Side Hotel – (dbl occ. 2 double beds**) must book early to secure rooms at this hotel! All rooms are air conditioned.
- 3 days in the water with whale sharks (also possible to see/swim with manta rays, turtles, dolphins, and schools of golden rays), and 1 day free to relax on the beach or explore the island on golf carts***
- Park fees, permits and local licensed whale shark guide
- Full american or continental breakfast at Hotel
- Sandwich lunch, drinks, fruit and ceviche with beer at hotel beach on a 32′ boat, twin engine.
Day 1 – We pick you up by ban in fron the international arrivals building between 12 to 1 p.m.
- We drive you to the ferry
- We take a 20 to 30-minute ferry ride to the island
- Taxis will pick you up and deliver you to your hotel
- The rest of the day is yours to relax by the pool or beach, or explore the small town and shop
- Meet for group dinner in lobby at 7 p.m.
Day 2 – We eat breakfast at the Hotel and then arrive by motor out by 8 a.m. to the whale shark grounds, apprx. 1 hour, spend the day swimming with the sharks and possibly manta rays
Day 3-4 – We eat breakfast and then motor out to the whale shark grounds, spend the day swimming with the sharks and possibly manta rays
Day 5 – ***A free day to relax or explore the island – swim with dolphins*, zipline over the beautiful waters of Isla Mujeres*, visit a sea turtle rescue farm*, lxchel Goddess Mayan ruin with Punta Sur cliff trails* – a MUST SEE! (*additional cost)
Day 6 – Drop you off between 8:30-9 a.m. in front of the Cancun International departure building for your return flights home. Please, do not book flights to leave earlier than 11 a.m.
- Airfare (apprx. $450 and dinners are not included in price
- **Rooms are double occupancy – 2 double beds. If you would like a single room additional fees will be added to the price. Information provided upon request. Upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite with a balcony, kitchenette, and king size bed available (addtional $500 per room – that’s only $250 per person, dbl.occ and must book by the end of 2014).
- Boat crew tips are not included