- This event has passed.
Tec Sidemount Course
November 17, 2020 @ 8:00 am - November 19, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Are you interested in learning more about the technical diving world but don’t know where to start? Most technical divers use two tanks as a redundant air source. Sidemount is a great way to take a step into tec diving world by learning more about dive equipment, using two tanks / multiple stage tanks for a longer dive time, dive planning and all the other benefits to Sidemount diving.
Originally, sidemount diving was for technical divers who were exploring extreme environments, particularly caves and tight wrecks. As time progressed, divers came to see the benefits of sidemount diving for more than just the technical diver. Sidemount diving means that you have a tank cylinder on each side of your body instead of both on your back. Although it is gear-intensive, Sidemount diving has many benefits including being extremely streamlined, redundancy and versatility. Sidemount diving also benefits those who might have back problems, shoulder problems or any issues restricting their reach.
In this course you will learn:
- The benefits of sidemount diving
- Be able to assemble, configure and wear technical sidemount diving equipment
- Have the skills required to plan and make no stop recreational / technical sidemount dives
This course pairs nicely with cavern.
This course is split into two days and includes:
- One Classroom Session
- One Pool Session
- Four Open Water Dives
- Does not include personal gear or entry fees
- Must at least 18 years old and have a minimum of 30 logged dives
- Must be at least Advanced Open Water certified
- Highly recommended that you are Nitrox certified
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813-832-6669.