- This event has passed.
Sea Turtle Specialty Course and Dive
July 16, 2016 - July 17, 2016$375.00
“Janine Cianciolo is often on the move, whether in her practice, teaching scuba diving or taking high school students to Nicaragua to study endangered sea turtles.The daughter of two Cincinnati pharmacists, she was introduced to animals through her best friend’s father, a park ranger.”
Cianciolo has a passion for sea turtles and wants to share her experiences and expertise with divers! As advocates for our oceans, we serve as the best link to the ocean and the wildlife that lives there.
During this course you will learn:
- Identification and life histories of sea turtles focusing on those found in FL
This includes learning about nesting, identifying tracks, hatchlings and ocean life including migration
- Issues facing sea turtles both on the beach and in the ocean
This will cover international and FL issues and how you can help
- How to responsibly interact with sea turtles both on land and in the water
- An evening classroom session on July 14th, 6 p.m.
- 5 boat dives in Jupiter, FL on July 16th and 17th
- An optional evening beach walk
- Hotel board and one lunch
- Certification card
*You MUST be Nitrox certified
This course goes towards your Project AWARE certification as well as your Master Scuba Diver! If you are not Nitrox/Enriched Air certified, Adventure Outfitters will provide an evening course to get you up-to-date!
Please contact us with any questions at 813-832-6669 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quote credit: St. Petersburg Times
Photo credit: Janine Ciancolo