- This event has passed.
Reclaim Our Coasts Ft. De Soto Cleanup
June 5, 2016 @ 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
Let’s Clean Up Fort DeSoto Park and Shell Key Preserve
Join us on June 5th to clean up coastal habitat for sea turtles and othe rmarine life! Visit reclaimourcoasts.eventbrite.com to sign up!
- June 5, 2016 (7 am – 2 pm)
- 7:00 am – Registration
- 8:00 am – Orientation (for beach/backwater) (Diver registration 8 am 8:30 am briefing)
- 9:00 am – Divers enter water
- TBA – Orientation (for SCUBA)
- 12:00 pm – Sort trash, wrap-up
- Fort De Soto Park & Shell Key
- Meet at Fort De Soto Gulf Pier Shelter area
- Beaches (walking)
- Backwaters (canoe/kayak)
- Piers, reefs, Bunces Pass (SCUBA)
What to Bring:
- Work gloves, buckets, snacks, reusable water boWles, reef safe sunscreen
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Extra water, snacks, garbage bags, goodie bags while supplies last!
Proudly sponsored by: Archie Carr Center for Sea Turtle Research (UF) – Reclaim Our Coasts, Pinellas County – Fort De Soto Park & Shell Key Preserve, The Florida Aquarium, Adventure Outfitters, Keep Pinellas Beautiful, Sea Turtle Trackers, EnviroVentures, Disney Conservation Fund