- This event has passed.
IBUM Narcosis Experience
June 29, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are pleased to announce an opportunity for divers who want to learn more about Nitrogen Narcosis (“raptures of the deep” “The Martini effect”) with the IBUM Narcosis Experience Course!
We will have two course sessions: 8 a.m. until 10 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. to 12 p.m. We only have four to five spots available for each session.
Course will include:
Classroom: At Adventure Outfitters
- Review Dive Gas Theories as it applies to chamber operations
- Overview of Hyperbaric Chamber Operations and Safety
- In-depth lecture on Narcosis
- Brief intro and familiarization mono-place chambers and treatment at Tampa Facility
- Introduction to multi-place chamber operations
- Conduct air chamber dive to 165ft
With your dive, you receive:
- IBUM Narcosis Diver T-shirt
- Video of your dive
Cost: $250 per dive – ONE-TIME ONLY PRICE!!!
Instructions to Divers:
- Divers should not bring any dive gear.
- Divers must bring all cotton attire (recommended t-shirts and shorts) to change into for chamber dive at multi-place.
- No other items will be allowed in the chamber to include watches, jewelry, cameras or phones. (This is for safety)
- Participants should refrain from applying excessive lotions, oils, hairspray or make-up the day of the dive.
- All medical and physical requirements to perform an open water dive apply to a chamber dive. Divers who are sick or have nasal or chest congestion will not be permitted to dive
For any questions or concerns, please contact Adventure Outfitters at 813-832-6669 or email@example.com.
International Board of Undersea Medicine (IBUM) exists to train recompression chamber operators, Diving Medical Technicians, Advanced Diving Medical Technicians, Intermediate Clinical Hyperbaric Technicians, Advanced Clinical Hyperbaric Technicians and Hyperbaric Physicians as well as educate and increase safety for those who work in the hyperbaric field and certify facilities to the highest international standard.