- This event has passed.
IANTD Cavern Course
September 13, 2019 - September 15, 2019
As Floridians, we are surrounded by karst terrain and as a result, limestone, dolomite, and gypsum minerals create beautiful caverns that we can explore! The Florida springs aren’t the only place you will find these beautiful structures. They also exist in other parts of the world including volcanic walls and limestone coast lines.
Although extremely beautiful, these environments take caution and appropriate training. Knowing how to explore these environments correctly is the key. This course is a perfect introduction to these amazing caverns and will give you all the tools needed to be safe and have a fun day in the cavern zone!
In this Adventure Outfitter’s course you will learn:
- Diver Exploring an Underwater CavernCavern navigation and line protocols
- Planning, organization, techniques, problems and hazards of cavern diving
- Special equipment use, such as lights, guidelines, reels and redundant breathing systems
- Air sharing, disorientation, silting, line problems and other emergency procedures specific to cavern diving
- Silt prevention, buoyancy control, air management and emergency procedures
- Depth and distant limits for cavern diving
The course includes one classroom session and two days of open water.
A cavern course is a prerequisite to any cave course.
Prior to booking, please review the Cancellation & Deposit Policies on the FAQs Page.
For more information or to book this course, please contact us at email@example.com or call 813-832-6669.