- This event has passed.
October 2 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
We offer several freediving programs. The IANTD Open Water Freediving program is an introductory course focused on the fundamentals of freediving. This course takes 1-2 days and is focused on:
- The History of Freediving
- Equipment used for free divers
- The In-Water Environment
- Physics and Physiology for Freediving
- Safety and Problem Solving of Freediving
- Breathing and Psychology of Freediving
- Open Water Training Exercises
Cost: $250 per person for the group course (3 to 4 people). If you would like to arrange a course, we can schedule based on individual dates as well.
Prior to booking, please review the Cancellation & Deposit Policies on the FAQs Page.
For more information or to book this course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813-832-6669.
- Swimming or snorkeling experience
- Good health and fitness
- 12 years of age with guardian permission
Important Equipment Considerations:
It is very important that you have the correct equipment for your course to ensure your safety, comfort and to ensure that you’re able to train at your highest performance level possible.
We meet with each student prior to their course for an equipment workshop. We want each diver to have the best fit. It is extremely important to try on all equipment so ensure proper fit.
What is required for your course:
- Freediving long blade fins
- Freediving (low volume) mask
- Freediving snorkel (open bore and no one-way valve
- Marseille weight belt (rubber belt with quick release)
- Appropriate number of hard weight (lead)
- Appropriate open cell wet suit
- Freediving computer and/or timing device
- Fin socks and/or fin keepers