- This event has passed.
December 19, 2017 - December 20, 2017
Can you see the light? If you dive within the light zone of a cave–the area near the cave entrance where natural light is always visible–you’re in the cavern zone.
Florida has some of the most beautiful cavern destinations in the world. Most of the world’s cave divers have learned in Florida. You will encounter several species of freshwater fish, unique invertebrates, fossils that are thousands of years old including sharks teeth, sea stars, sea biscuits, whale bones and more in these Florida cavern walls!
In this Adventure Outfitter’s course you will learn:
- Cavern navigation and line protocols
- Planning, organization, techniques, problems and hazards of cavern diving
- Special equipment use, such as lights, guidelines, reels and redundant breathing systems
- Air sharing, disorientation, silting, line problems and other emergency procedures specific to cavern diving
- Silt prevention, buoyancy control, air management and emergency procedures
- Depth and distant limits for cavern diving
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 813-832-6669.