- This event has passed.
Advanced Open Water Course
November 4, 2017 @ 8:00 am - November 5, 2017 @ 5:00 pm$150.00
So you’ve got your Open Water certification and want to take your certification to the next level? Maybe you want to refine your skills and try out some specialties? The PADI Advanced Open water certification is the course for you! In this class you will build on the skills you learned in the Open Water class allowing you to branch out and try a few new aspects of diving, while honing your skills and getting a few more dives under your belt under the supervision of an Instructor.
We conduct five specialty dives for the PADI Advanced Open Water certificaiton. Below we have listed our most popular. We customize each of our Advanced courses for all students. If you want a particular specialty, please contact us and we will make it work!
1. Deep Diving and 2. Underwater Navigator are the two required dives. These skills are extremely important and useful. With Deep Diving, you will be able to complete recreational dives up to 100 feet and this enables you to dive more places. Underwater Navigator allows you to comfortably and knowledgeably use a compass to know where you are going underwater and how to get back to the boat!
3. Search & Recovery is very compatible with Underwater Navigator. These skill sets teach you to work with various search patterns in case you ever had to find something or someone underwater.
4. Peak Performance Buoyancy is extremely valuable to an advanced diver. Do you want to have more bottom time? We teach you to be property weighted, to use efficient fin techniques and hovering and breathing techniques to use your air more efficiently, stay off the bottom, inflate/deflate less, have longer bottom time and a more relaxed dive!
6. Additional Specialties: If you wish to pursue other dive specialties other than the ones listed above, please let us know! Here are a few listed: Wreck, Drift, Boat, Night, Fish Identification, Dry Suit, Digital Underwater Imaging, Nitrox, Night Diving, Dive Against Debris, Shark Conservation, Delayed Surface Market Buoy diving, Cavern, Sidemount Rig and Full Face Mask.
7. Optional Enriched Air course: To help our students continue their diving education, we offer a discounted rate for taking the Enriched Air Course during your Advanced Course – the most popular specialty class! Enriched Air Diver or Nitrox is highly discounted when taken with the Advanced Course. Purchase the study materials prior to your Advanced class and read and complete the knowledge reviews along with your Advanced course material.
Each of these dives will give you credit toward the specific certification in each of these specialties. You will need the Open Water certification and at least the basic scuba gear and an underwater compass for the navigation dive. Depending on which adventure dives you choose, you will the specific gear for that type of dive, such as a flashlight for the night dive, or dry-suit for the dry-suit dive.
Our Advanced course consists of two days of diving with either e-learning or a short classroom session, a day or two prior. We require a $150 deposit to ensure your calendar dates for the course. Please contact Adventure Outfitters for additional paperwork and gear that will be needed.
Adventure Outfitters Dive Center is a PADI 5-Star Scuba facility and family-run business that prides itself on quality private and semi-private instruction. All of our teachers are PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainers. PADI is the world’s premier certifying agency leading hte safe practices and standards in diving worldwide. We make sure that each student diver receives the utmost attention when it comes to personal instruction, high quality rental gear, unique dive sites and overall experience. We spend as much time as it takes to ensure that you not only master each skill but become a confident and informed diver, ready for today’s high tech dive scene. By teaching only private and semi-private lessons, we go by your busy schedule. We typically cap our Advanced course to a 3:1 student/teacher ratio. We want you to get the utmost attention during this course.