- This event has passed.
Advanced Open Water Course
April 23, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$495.00
Congratulations on taking your next step into the aquatic realm!
Adventure Outfitters is a 5-Star PADI Dive Center, and an SDI/TDI, IANTD Facility, family-run, veteran-owned business that prides itself on quality, customized small group / private classes. All our instructors are highly qualified and experienced. We lead the way in safe practices and standards in our local area. We make sure that each student diver receives the utmost attention when it comes to personal instruction, high-quality rental gear, unique dive sites, and overall experience. We spend as much time as it takes to ensure that you not only master each skill but become a confident and informed diver, ready for today’s high-tech dive scene.
We conduct five specialty dives for the Advanced course. Below we have listed our most popular – we customize each of our Advanced Courses for all students, if you want a particular specialty dive, please let us know and we will try our best to make it work!
(1) Deep Diving and (2) Underwater Navigator are the two required dives for Advanced. These skills are extremely important and useful. After completing your Deep Dive, you will be able to complete recreational dives up to 100 feet and this skill will enable you to dive more places. Underwater Navigator allows you to comfortably and knowledgably use a compass to know where you are going underwater and get back to where you started from.
(3) Search & Recovery is very compatible with Underwater Navigator. This skill teaches various search patterns to find things and/or people. You will also learn how to use a lift bag to bring items safely to the surface such as an anchor or lost SCUBA equipment. You will learn how to use a reel and useful knot-tying techniques as well.
(4) Peak Performance Buoyancy is extremely valuable to an advanced diver. Do you want to have more bottom time and use your air more proficiently? We teach you to be properly weighted, efficient fins techniques, hovering and breathing techniques for you to use your air more efficiently, how to use your inflator properly, stay off the bottom, inflate/deflate less, have longer bottom time and a more relaxed dive.
 Additional Specialties: After the two required dives (deep and navigation) we help you choose three others. Other include: wreck, drift, boat, night, fish identification, dry suit, digital underwater imaging, nitrox, fish identification, DPV/Underwater scooter, night diving, dive against debris, shark conservation, delayed surface marker buoy diving, cavern, sidemount, and full face mask.
 Discounted Enriched Air Course: To help our students continue their diving education, we offer a discounted rate for taking the Enriched Air Course during your Advanced Course. The most popular specialty class, Nitrox is on sale for $150 when taken with the Advanced Course. Purchase the course prior to your Advanced class and learn the in-classroom portion during your course when you use an Enriched Air tank for your deep dive. You will often be required to have Nitrox / Enriched Air when doing deep dives to increase bottom time and reduce your surface interval.
DIVE SITES: Our Advanced Open Water Course consists of two days of diving, five dives, tying the classroom in with the dives. We typically meet at either one of our Florida freshwater springs, a spring-fed lake, river, or the Gulf for our dives, depending upon the specialties chosen and weather conditions. Other locations are allowed, depending on circumstances.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT: Because this in an Advanced Course, it is recommended that you be responsible for your own gear, however we do have high quality rental gear and tanks available. If you purchase any gear for this course, we will give you a student discount. The gear you will need includes your: mask, fins, boots, BCD, wetsuit, regulator, computer, tanks, weights, compass, wrist slate or wet notes, thumb reel or safety reel, and dive light (at least 1000 lumens).
WHAT TO DO PRIOR TO YOUR COURSE
- Prior to your course, read the Advanced manual and complete the knowledge reviews at the end of each chapter. If you live out of state, we recommend the eLearning option for your independent study. There is no required exam for this certification. The book is an extremely handy reference book for future dives and classes. For instance, if you were going to go on a drift dive, you could read the chapter on drift diving for future reference.
- Complete the required forms: PADI: Continuing Education Form, Medical Form and AOW Documentation Worksheet SDI: Liability Release and Express Assumption of Risk Form and the Medical Statement Form. If you answer “yes” to any question on medical statement questionnaire, please let us know ahead of time and we will email you an additional Medical Form which a physician will need to sign verifying you are medically fit to dive. This is a standard form that doctors usually fill out if they know your medical history and email/fax back to you.
- Perform your own personal gear check prior to class. You will want to make sure everything is serviced and works prior to getting to the dive site – the first step of thinking more like a diver!
- Optional Gear Concierge Service can be provided for $20 per day per person – includes rental gear delivered to and from the shop to dive site as well as cleaning fees.
COURSE FEES: For this Advanced Group course, the class fee is $495 – a group course has only 2 to 4 students max. Fee includes study materials, (Advanced Manual or e-Learning), instruction, and certification card fee. The entry fees for dive sites range from $20 – $50 and the boat charter fees range from $110 – $200. This is a fee that is charged by the operator of the dive site or vessel. The dive sites we choose for your class will be based on preference, site availability/conditions, and weather, but will ultimately be up the discretion of the instructor. If you wish to have a private advanced session, the Course Fee for 1 diver is $675.
We are honored that you have chosen us as your local dive shop. We will try our very best to assist you will all your learning, diving and gear needs! We are a full-service retail dive shop that sells top-of-the-line gear and uses high quality rental gear. We regularly service our rental gear. We have local Florida trips planned every week and one or two international trips each year. We also have free cleanup dives and have a fantastic guest lecture series.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR REVIEW:
Prior to booking, please review the Cancellation & Deposit Policies on the FAQs Page.
For more information or to book this course, please contact us at email@example.com or call 813-832-6669.
WHAT IS NEXT AFTER YOU COMPLETE YOUR COURSE:
We will always be here for you to answer any questions you may have as you continue your dive life!
On the last day of your advanced course, we will take a photograph of you for your certification card, teach you how to fill out your logbook, and register your certification with the certifying agency. You will immediately receive a temporary card via email that is good for 90 days and your permanent card will be delivered to the shop usually within two weeks. We will then email you to stop by the shop and pick it up at your convenience.
Join our mailing list so you can be caught up with our current local dive trips, cleanup dives, continuing education courses and sales and free guest speakers!
Like us on Facebook to keep up with the latest events, sales, trips and continuing education courses.