IANTD Freediving Program
The IANTD Freediving program takes 1-2 days and is focused on:
- The History of Freediving
- Equipment used for free divers
- The In-Water Environment
- Physics and Physiology for Freediving
- Safety and Problem Solving of Freediving
- Breathing and Psychology of Freediving
- Open Water Training Exercises
Cost: $250 for 2 to 3 people, $275 for a Private Course
Prior to booking, please review the Cancellation & Deposit Policies on the FAQs Page.
For more information or to book this course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813-832-6669.
PFI Freediver Course
This program teaches fundamental Freediving techniques for comfortable enjoyment in the aquatic world to depths of up to 20m / 66ft. You will also practice Static Apnea to help develop your breath-holding abilities and in-water comfort.
Freediver covers the following:
- Safety and buddy procedures
- Equipment for snorkeling and freediving
- Proper breathing for freediving
- Techniques for snorkeling and freediving
- Confined water & open water skill development
- Format / Duration
The Freediver course is held over 2 to 2 1/2 days. The course includes: 2 classroom sessions, 2 pool sessions, 2 open water sessions. Prerequisites:
- Swimming or snorkeling experience
- Good health and fitness
- 12 years of age with guardian permission
$250.00 for a Pool / Classroom ONLY course
To secure your spot in a course, we need to receive both your registration and a $200 deposit or full payment. Any outstanding course balance is due by the start of the course.
$395.00 for the full course and includes the following:
- Personalized instruction from highly trained and accomplished PFI Instructors
- 1 instructor/assistant: 5 student divers ratio
- Freediver student manual & workbook
- Pool and classroom sessions
- Open water instruction
- Boat fees may be an additional charge where applicable
- Certification card
- Registration and Payment Details
Important Equipment Considerations:
It is very important that you have the correct equipment for your course to ensure your safety, comfort and to ensure that you’re able to train at your highest performance level possible.
We meet with each student prior to their course for an equipment workshop. We want each diver to have the best fit. It is extremely important to try on all equipment so ensure proper fit.
What is required for your course:
- Freediving long blade fins
- Freediving (low volume) mask
- Freediving snorkel (open bore and no one-way valve
- Marseille weight belt (rubber belt with quick release)
- Appropriate number of hard weight (lead)
- Appropriate open cell wet suit
- Freediving computer and/or timing device
- Fin socks and/or fin keepers
If you are coming from out of town, we can rent longblade fins, weights and a wetsuit with hood, however, supplies are limited. Note: only closed cell wet suits are available for rent.